Create Your Own Spa Experience at Home
and De-stress in Comfort
"If you have limited resources, and you want to improve your health and
vitality by becoming your own herbalist, the Principles of
Herbal Medicine e-learning program will be to your liking. It
features comparatively affordable modules that you can do when it suits
Turn even the most stress-filled day into true warmth with the luxury
of a home spa. You will feel the difference, instantly!
When you find the time to pamper yourself, even just a little bit at a
time, stress will just melt from your body.
Here are some really
simple and creative personal home spa tips that will have you feeling
like a million bucks in no time at all!
Let’s Prepare For Your Home
No need to leave your home.
- Go for your robe and slippers.
- Find a soothing CD that you love.
- Find a scented candle.
- Find a washcloth, loofah sponge, bath brush
or any skin exfoliation tool.
- Find a fluffy cotton towel.
- Find bath salts and/or essential aromatic
- Find skin cleansers, toners and moisturizers.
- Find coarse sea salt.
- From the kitchen, go for chilled spring
water (with a splash of lime or lemon) in the fanciest glass you can
- Fix a cup of green tea
- Release everything about your busy day…any
obligations…all responsibilities…let go of the stress… and strain.
- Quiet your mind! Relax.
- Welcome Yourself to Your At
Home Spa Experience!
- Slow down all thoughts. Slow down your
breath and all your movements. Relax.
- Put on your favourite mood music.
- Begin your bath now, slipping in your
favourite salt or oil.
- Light your candles. Watch as they begin to
burn….slowly….purposefully. Smell the beauty of the scent. Breathe in
- Run your hands through your bath. Feel the
oils, the salts.
- Enter into your bath and feel the luxury of
it as the water envelopes your entire body!
- Wet your washcloth and then cover both your
face and neck and then stop to compress for five minutes. Repeat this
three more times.
- Gently, slowly towel dry and finish your
face with an anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory facial splash.
- It is time now to rejuvenate the skin,
eliminate waste, alleviate stress, enhance your mood, restore vitality
and facilitate the regeneration of new, healthy cells.
- Now, as your face is just tingling and
refreshed, it is time for a basic body scrub and cleansing.
- Try the freshness of lavender. Scrub your entire body free of all stress
- Scrub using gentle circular movements.
- Next, mix a tablespoon of
ground sea salt with 2 drops of your favourite essential oil.
- Add water to make a paste that spreads
- Apply it to your entire body and slowly
slough off the dead skin with big circular strokes. This will greatly
cleanse the pores and help your body get rid of any toxins.